A reputable law practice located in Chicago, Illinois is seeking an organized and experienced Medical Records and Billing Clerk to add to their team. The Medical Records and Billing Clerk will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the practice’s billing in a timely and accurate manner. Additional responsibilities include updating medical records and following up with clients. The ideal candidate will have experience with HIPPA e-filings and ordering medical records in a law firm setting. The salary range for this role is $37k-$50k.
Responsibilities of the Medical Records and Billing Clerk:
- Maintain billing software, updating as needed
- Ensure information is accurate and up to date
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due
- Follow-up on missed payments, and resolve discrepancies
- Communicate with clients and medical providers
- Additional tasks and projects as needed